Thursday, December 31, 2015

In 2016, I Am Asking You This

John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease".

First, to all of you armchair theologians, yes, using this as an instruction for all Christians is taking the passage WAY out of context. These words were spoken by John the Baptist, and apply specifically to his ministry. So please don't take what I am about to say as in any way superinterpreting Scripture.

Now, with that tidy little disclaimer out of the way, let me tell you that those words are NEVER wrong when spoken from the mouth of (or typed from the keyboard of, such as the case may be) a believing Christian.

So in 2016, I am asking you to think less of me. It is my goal that my words, my actions, and my thoughts become more closely conformed to those of Christ. That I become more of an image bearer, and more focused outwardly than inwardly.

Think less of me, and more of Christ. This is my admonition to you in the days and years to come. And I pray that my life be lived in such a manner as to make that much easier for you.

Blessings and peace in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment